Monday, February 4, 2013

My First Blog

So this marks my fourth week on the job today. So far, everything seems to be going pretty well, unless you count the days my car gives me trouble or I wake up 2 hours late. I have started a project that I think I will try to carry out by the end of my term, if not sooner. I also have some side project ideas that I think are important in order for the plant as a whole to be more successful.
I have a pretty cool chart for my main project that actually took a long time to put together, and a fight with a gigantic printer, unfortunately the printer won. Hopefully by the time I leave my line can be producing at least 16 more units per day.

Life here is a bit different. Like having my own room and bathroom for the first time in 18 years...weird. Being the only one responsible for my messy room...not quite as fun. But I am learning my way around and have discovered some pretty cool restaurants and shopping places. I am excited to try out the shopping once it gets warmer, as they are mostly outside. 

The living next to a railroad track is taking some getting used to. For instance, when the train just drove past here and set on it's whistle, I jumped out of my skin and had to do some backspacing on the keyboard...no me gusta.

I hope to post about once a week to keep everyone in the loop. I miss all my friends and family so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment