Monday, May 23, 2016

The Calm Before the Storm

So now that my departure is five days away (eek!) I guess it's time to start my blog back up.  This summer, I am lucky enough that I get to spend 10 weeks in Cochabamba, Bolivia.  I am once again participating in the ETHOS program through the University of Dayton and will continue to work on water purification like I did in Cameroon.  While in Bolivia, I will be working with an organization called Sustainable Bolivia, which pairs volunteers with various non-profits across the country.  I will be specifically working for a non-profit called SODIS, which serves people in rural and semi-rural areas surrounding Cochabamba.

With only five days left, there are many things on my to-do list, but the one that is weighing over my head the most is packing.  Anyone who has ever lived with me knows I hate packing. No matter what I'm packing for, I tend to draw it out and procrastinate as much as I can, which does not lend itself well to the organization of my pack.  There is also still some shopping I need to do, as well as try to get things as well setup as I can for when I return to UD for grad school in the fall.

For anyone who wishes to communicate with me or keep up with my travels this summer, I will be using WhatsApp and Facebook mostly, but will also be available by email (I think...still not really sure what my internet usage will look like).  I will also try to post new pictures and blog posts every week about what we have been working on in Bolivia and new things I have learned.

For now, that's all from Cincinnati, but I thank you all in advance for your thoughts, prayers, good vibes, etc.  My next post will be from Cochabamba!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your trip. May God be with you in your travels and keep you safe. Have a wonderful summer and I can't wait to read about your adventures. Love you

    ReplyDelete